- the cold has progressed to what the pharmacist euphemistically referred to as a ‘productive’ cough. In other words it has taken up residence in my chest and … no you don’t need the mucus details. Use your imagination if you must. Of course, the only cough medicine that isn’t going to reak havoc with my meds is so foul as to almost take away what little breath I still have.
- Pete-next-door has lost two of his does in the last couple of weeks. The vet thinks it was due to their being fed incorrectly not some dreaded goat pox that could waft over the fenceline and attack MY goaty girls. I’m looking after the remaining four next door for a few days while PND has a holiday. They all look fine thus far.
- Still on the subject of goats, it is now pretty safe to say that Ms Rosie’s one night stand with Blackadder was successful. There will be cute kid photos in mid September.
- I have just found the cutest ever free pattern for a baby/toddler jumper here at Jimmy Beans
- We have had enough rain this last couple of days that the signed floodway on the road leading to MY road is actually flooding for the first time in years. Doesn’t look like much I grant you, but the unwary might be in for a nasty surprise because there’s a dip of the ‘slow down or risk taking the bottom out of the car’ variety right at that point. It’s not like there’s really been THAT much rain … maybe 3″… probably wouldn’t be over the road but for one salient point: the brains trust that designed the golf course which abuts the right hand side of this photo built one of the fairways right over the creek. So when it does actually rain, the water has nowhere to go.
- David gave me THIS for Mothers’ Day: yup a Sheepie Knitting Bag
- and THIS is why I can’t get up to answer the phone mid-raisin toast.