>the problem with being on Ravelry sometimes is that [ apart from it being just about the biggest time-suck ever ] I think I’ve posted about certain projects here on the Blog when in fact, I haven’t.
So here’s a couple that have sneaked through the net since the start of the year:
– two slightly different versions of the Fisherman’s Rib hat from a recent Cleckheaton book. I started the mauve one in Country Silk, thinking I had 2 balls in the stash, realised it was only one, and found someone on Ravelry who was willing to swap a ball for some Bendy 8ply cotton. Well, of course, while I waited for it to arrive, I started a second one, just in some Magnum variegated blue acrylic again from the stash, and with a button down ponytail conversion at the back for Nadie. It’s sized to fit well down over the eyebrows and ears and the top isn’t really pointy.
Actually when I started looking back at the Feb and March archives, I realised that I had missed more than ‘a couple’:
There was another BSJ done in almost exactly 24 hours [ insomnia] and a premmie one from the leftovers.
I don’t think I showed you the finished [ overdyed] version of the Lacy Nightie in Cleckheaton Bamboo either. Not that it’s really anything approaching a nightie. I made it longer than called for in the pattern and it’s still just a cami. Back view photo truer for colour.
I’ll catch you up on this week tomorrow.
Rosie continues her slow slow slow progress back to health. I still have her confined in the goat shed because Rowan is still disputing that she is, in fact, weaned.
As the weather has been scorching and is set to continue the same for at least the next three days [ 38C forecast tomorrow through Sunday ] I have been spending considerable effort lugging pails of water up to the shed and forcing her to drink them.