>yes, yes, bad blogger

>If ever I seem to be not blogging as regularly as usual, or the posts are mainly photographic, there are probably one of two things happening …

a] I’m unwell and don’t feel the need to overshare
b] there’s so much going on that I don’t have time to sit down and construct a riveting post [ and when this happens I generally fall back on interesting photos ]

May was a b]-option month

some of it you know about
some not
so you’re basically getting a precis version

Obviously top of the list was the arrival [10 days late ] of my 10 pound 4 ounce grandson, Noah James Iacuone.

that was sufficiently momentous that I have trouble remembering the rest.

There were 6 trips down to – and through – Melbourne. This is more than my average for any given year and was made up of

family visits x2, [Mothers Day and the new baby so good obviously ]
opera x2 [ so-so ]
dentist x2 [ ’nuff said ]

Nadie came up every second weekend to work on her first quilt, while I finally got stuck in to her wedding quilt. Mother/ daughter bonding activities are always going to be good. We are now negotiating how much of my stuff she can appropriate, and discussing the purchase of a better sewing machine.

I taught a couple of classes at Daylesford: Beginners Crochet and the monthly casual drop-in patchwork guidance group

There was a lot of raking/piling/ bonfiring / weeding and general block maintenance

Nadie and I totally reorganised the rumpusroom and moved pretty much every stick of furniture therein.

There was a modicum of goat wrangling, including finally working out where RubyHoudini has been getting out – sometimes several times a day – for the last 5 months.
This led to some very makeshift fence mending.
What is left of my garden is very grateful

I read [lots]
I knitted [ lots ]
I gardened [lots – mostly replacing the stuff Ruby decimated ]
I didn’t make it to quilting
or choir

I fell and bruised both knees

and I got bitten by a spider while I was collecting wood. It fell down my shirt.
No I don’t know what type it was.
By the time I was finished with the ” euuuuck…. spider …” accompanied by a frenzied tarantella and partial disrobing, Spidey had decided that discretion was the better part of not getting smooshed.

it was unpleasant for a few days, I still have a faint bite mark 2-3 weeks on, but otherwise I’m fine.

and no, I’m not showing you where I got bitten !


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s